How my kitten's absence made me realize my own suffering, the cause of my suffering, the end of my suffering and the path leading to its end.
I am grateful for your kind words and testimonials!
Thank you this made a great difference for us ! - Eric Schwan
Really awesome! Helping with little manifestations and now going for big. - Lisseth Wertz viewer on youtube.
The most effective visualization meditation I've done thus far. - F. F. viewer on youtube.
Just wanted to let you know...once again, how much I enjoyed reading your last piece on "creating happiness". You are so good at motivating people to take action in improving their lives. Keep up the great work you do...using your god-given gift in helping people. It's invaluable to this world. - V.
Very good! Thank you! I had not expected this kind of experience. I am working with a counsellor on mindfulness, and this fit with it very well. - Peter S.
My experience was very similar to watching Yellow Submarine. I started with a migraine and ended with peace. - LS
I come to Sophia for the vivid imagery of her guided meditations. The insights, the surreal beauty, and deep relaxation are rejuvenating. When I have personal issues to deal with she is an open vessel that listens and empathizes before her gentle guidance ripples back an insightful response. She always helps me get to that next level. - Rachael S.
Fantastic!! Love it! - Kim Smith
Hello Reflection Pond! I wanted to send my gratitude to you on the first day of the new year. I just re-listened to dream manifestation and it was really perfect. Thank you for being such a blessing in 2012 and I look forward to future journeys. :) Namaste - Leah Kuhlman
How clever life is – I so needed this type of meditiation this morning. and there is was. It has helped me and will continue to help me as I struggle with a number of issues at this time. I am going to make myself a beautiful golden globe with colourful ribbons attached and suspend it over my desk. It will be the manifestation of all that this meditation has meant, and will mean for me in the future. - Bev.
As we went into the visualization the imagery and travel was like Alice in Wonderland, going down a rabbit hole, opening up into a flower garden, and eventually I found myself at my place. It was where I belonged, my true self, my high self. I've never forgotten that place or the imagery and it continues to affect me to this day. I know where I am going and I know that everything I do is towards my goal because I can feel that same feeling of arrival and accomplishment. My life has clear direction and purpose towards my future which feels as simple and tangible as a memory. - Rachael Shores, Asheville, NC
Thank you for bringing this into my life. When I got my first mail from Sophia I recognized that writing down things is really important for clarification! For me, it is essential to take the time and bring my objectives into focus. I enjoy getting clear about my intentions and to empower them during the I.M. process. Every meditation session provides an enrichment of my life and is a great experience for me. - Peter, 29, Germany
Focus is so powerful. The I.M. program is a key pillar to keep me focused and give me the confidence that what I focus on, for me, is the right thing to do. - Alex, USA
When I meditate in the morning, it really sets the mood for the day. Any obstacles that are thrown in my direction are easier to overcome with a clear mind. - Joy Kirk, Asheville, NC
I would really let problems and stress effect me. I have learned that all we need to do, as humans, is breathe. Just saying that to myself...really lets me relax and be happy. - Eric Barker, Asheville, NC
Really enjoyed your Visualization for Manifesting Your Intention you posted on YouTube. It was just what I needed today. Thanks! - Celeste Clevenger
Thank you universe! I really needed this meditation today! - Michelle Snovak
Thank you for the beautiful gathering! - burnthesun, music band from Asheville, NC
Ah, I miss listening to your voice. I'm so glad you made these recordings. - Rachael S.
Thank you so much for sending me the CD!! It came out great!!! I´m listening to it with my girlfriend right now, it´s so nice and calming listening to you and the wonderful music. What a great job of you guys. - Manuel M.
This is an excellent manifestation meditation! Thank you very much! - Ahawellness
What a touching video you have created once again. It is lovely and inspiring! You brought tears to my eyes with your sweetness and your sincerity and your message of hope and intention. Your workshop in December looks great. Go for it! Nice invitation to join in the event." -Paul Steinkoenig, Washington D.C.
I loved the Sunday reflection for following the heart. This was exactly what I needed to hear and this is exactly the message I want everyone I know to hear. I want to put this some place where I can read it every day. Thanks for a great reminder. -Rachael Shores, Asheville, North Carolina
Vielen Dank fuer diese wunderbaren Worte und die Hommage zum Muttertag, liebe Sophia. Das tut gut.- Martina Lehner, Sardinia, Italy
I really enjoyed reading your newsletter "follow your heart"...really inspiring and so very true...thanks for bringing such wonderful insights into my life! Also, just wanted to let you know that as usual, I've enjoyed reading your recent newsletter "mighty flame". Thank you for sharing such insights! I'm going to keep telling myself that whenever I encounter a problem, I should see it as an opportunity for growth and for my own personal learning." - Asmita Barua, New York City
Thank you for sharing your wonderful gift with the world! - The Wilhelm Brothers, Asheville, North Carolina
Below are all the blog posts I've written, arranged by category. Let me know if you need help finding something. Just drop me a note under Contact.
- Oct 21, 2016 All Blog Posts Ever Written
- Creating Focus
- Sep 7, 2014 How to Create Happiness Every Day
- Oct 11, 2014 How To Be Content, Right Now?
- Nov 1, 2014 How I Dealt With Someone's Words That Were Hurtful
- Nov 4, 2014 Listening to Your Inner Voice with Stillness
- Dec 15, 2014 Happiness Lovers Family: Welcome! Introduce Yourself
- Jan 10, 2015 How to Keep Your Cool in the Face of Challenges
- Jan 17, 2015 A secret that will help you shift from resisting to accepting
- Jan 31, 2015 How To Turn An Obstacle Into A Meaningful Opportunity
- Mar 15, 2015 3 Lessons from Deepak Chopra: On Life Purpose and The Law of Dharma
- Dec 21, 2015 Do You Know Your Personal Velocity?
- Jul 22, 2016 My Top 5 Uplifting Books
- Sep 25, 2016 Embrace introspection as way to deepen your inner-peace and happiness
- Oct 22, 2016 Thank you to all the kind words you have said to me and Reflection Pond!
Four Noble Truths
- Jul 3, 2017 My cat didn't come home last night.
- Jul 10, 2016 The Philosophy Behind The Happiness Forecast Video + Blog Series
- Jul 17, 2016 How To Define Happiness?
- Jul 24, 2016 15 Ways To Cultivate Happiness
- Jul 31, 2016 How to handle naysayers?
- Aug 7, 2016 Our life is a mirror
- Aug 14, 2016 A key to self-acceptance: "You are allowed to feel like that"
- Aug 21, 2016 You are enough
- Sep 4, 2016 Don't use your body to hurt yourself
- Sep 11, 2016 Let go of the need to know what happens tomorrow
- Sep 18, 2016 Happiness Forecast: Part 1 Recap + Next Steps
- Jul 13, 2013 Backstory: Poetry from the Heart
- Jul 13, 2013 The Besieged Images
- Jul 20, 2013 The Rhythms of Life
- Jul 27, 2013 I Wandered Alone
- Aug 3, 2013 I Breathe Today
- Aug 3, 2013 You are Unique
- Aug 10, 2013 Pathways
- Aug 17, 2013 Poets
- Aug 24, 2013 Beyond redemption by Indrajit S. Saluja
- Aug 24, 2013 Egg
- Aug 31, 2013 BELIEVE by Titus Yoder
- Aug 31, 2013 Blue Skies
- Sep 7, 2013 Storm's of Life's Blessings by Kim Smith
- Sep 7, 2013 Isn't it cool?
- Sep 14, 2013 One Day by Asmita Barua
- Sep 14, 2013 What I Inhale, What I Exhale
- Sep 21, 2013 Metaphor for Life by Selah Allmond
- Sep 21, 2013 Speak Of That Which Inspires
- Sep 28, 2013 Untitled by Asmita Barua
- Sep 28, 2013 The Moon
- Oct 5, 2013 You're Enough by Cristof Ensslin
- Oct 5, 2013 Forgive Yourself
- Oct 12, 2013 The Voice
- Oct 19, 2013 The Treasure Box of Memories
- Oct 26, 2013 Feline Sleeping
- Nov 2, 2013 Stillness Brings You Infinite Love
- Nov 9, 2013 Sun and Moon
- Nov 16, 2013 Cages to Freedom/Freedom to Cages
- Nov 16, 2013 the chorus of tomorrow
- Nov 23, 2013 She Said She Would Escape
Inner Peace Zone
- Sep 22, 2010 Keep a Green Tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come. -Chinese Proverb
- Mar 22, 2014 With Patience Wisdom Emerges
- Apr 5, 2014 You Are Blessed
- Apr 12, 2014 You Are Being Helped
- Apr 19, 2014 You Can Receive Direct Guidance
- Apr 26, 2014 You Can Be Detached
- May 3, 2014 You Can Make Heart-Centered Choices
- May 10, 2014 Be The Love You Wave On
- May 24, 2014 Stillness Brings You Infinite Love
- May 31, 2014 Forgiveness Creates Peace In Our World
- Jun 7, 2014 Heal Others By Asking For Forgiveness
- Jun 14, 2014 Gratitude Leads to Spiritual Compassion
- Jun 21, 2014 Happiness Begins Now By Doing What You Love
- Dec 21, 2015 Do You Know Your Personal Velocity?
Spiritual Laws of Success
- Mar 15, 2015 3 Lessons from Deepak Chopra: On Life Purpose and The Law of Dharma
- Mar 30, 2015 3 Lessons From Deepak Chopra: On Detachment
- May 1, 2015 Reach Any Heights: The Law of Intention & Desire
- Jun 1, 2015 How to Live With Ease: The Law of Least Effort
- Jul 11, 2015 How to Break Karmic Patterns: The Law of Karma
- Sep 30, 2015 Success Strategy: Just Show Up
Training The Mind
- Dec 14, 2010 Intention for Today: Meditation
- Mar 14, 2011 Visualization for Spiritual Peace
- Mar 14, 2011 Japan needs Power of Masses
- Mar 15, 2011 Help Heal Japan.
- Mar 17, 2011 Beautiful Healing Image for Japan
- Mar 20, 2011 Online Community Comes Together To Heal Japan
- Mar 29, 2011 Musician Uses Visualizations To Get In Touch With Their Inner Tune.
- Mar 29, 2011 Visualization for Creativity
- Mar 30, 2011 Guided Visualization Free Sample Track for Creativity
- Apr 1, 2011 Get Your Personalized Guided Visualizations
- Apr 4, 2011 Mindfulness inspired by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- May 4, 2011 Tai chi: Meditation in Motion
- May 5, 2011 Meditation Retreat
- May 6, 2011 Meditation Books I Love: Part 1
- May 17, 2011 You Are Enough.
- Aug 24, 2011 Finding the Stillpoint with Tolle's Stillness Speaks
- Oct 6, 2011 Cool way to calm your mind. New Program!
- Oct 7, 2011 Breathe in. Breathe out.
- Oct 21, 2011 Visual Journey Inspires Visual Artist.
- Oct 26, 2011 Meet my Meditation Inspiration: Sunflower
- Oct 31, 2011 Peace and Love. New Meditation E-Course!
- Nov 1, 2011 Meditation, Postures, Thoughts
- Dec 24, 2011 Open your Heart: River Meditation with Sacred Cello Vibrations
- Jan 25, 2012 3 Lessons from Eckhart Tolle's Practicing the Power of Now
- Jan 25, 2012 3 Lessons from Thich Nhat Hanh's Buddha Mind, Buddha Body
- Jan 25, 2012 3 Lessons from Thich Nhat Hanh's You are Here
- Feb 8, 2012 Waiting room meditation
- Mar 13, 2012 Listen to Morning Meditation Blessed Day
- Mar 13, 2012 Meditation Video is just in: Morning Meditation Blessed Day
- Mar 15, 2012 Visualization for Manifesting Your Intention
- Mar 18, 2012 Affirmation Meditation: You are Brilliant
- Mar 20, 2012 Affirmative Meditation: Create Your Dream
- Jun 7, 2012 Visual Journey And Evidence That We Are Connected To a Field
- Nov 12, 2012 Visualizing Abundance
- Nov 30, 2012 Music for Meditation
- Dec 1, 2012 Keep a Calm Mind for a Healthy Life
- Dec 1, 2012 Prepare for 2013, now!
- Dec 11, 2012 Resolving negative emotions during meditation
- Dec 17, 2012 Overachievers in a Community of Overachievers!
- Dec 24, 2012 Have Positive Expectations
- Dec 27, 2012 Do you have an Ideas Folder?
- Dec 28, 2012 Visualize Your Life Story
- Feb 5, 2013 Gratitude and Creative Visualization
- Feb 8, 2013 Online Guided Visualization Sessions
- Jan 25, 2014 Ocean Waters Meditation
I am all about training our mind to become an ally in our life because a trained, calm mind is a powerful thing. This may be the single most important skill that I have been introduced to in my life. And this skill is best refined through a meditation practice. But there's also something else for us.
The 10 videos + blog posts of the Happiness Forecast Series cover some of the key steps on our path away from frustration, anxiety, sadness and other energy pulling states of mind to a more relaxed, peaceful and happy state of mind. Too often we get so busy that we don't take a moment to reflect and review how we are thinking about our life. Taking a step back and asking some important and difficult questions can open up some doors where otherwise things looked stagnant and hopeless!
In our world, where planning for future projects and events is part of our everyday life, often stress begins to show up. We sweat over all the details so that we can design everything "perfectly". But no matter how much we plan and prepare, there is uncertainty in life. How to deal with this? In this video + article, I share with you why we need to let go of the need to know what happens tomorrow and how to accept the aspect of change that is part of our life.
We look in the mirror. See our body. And we think that is all of who we are. We notice a change in how we look. And we feel bad because we don't like it. This is causes you stress and takes you further from feeling at peace and happy. In this article + video episode of the Happiness Forecast, I'm talking about the link between our inner-peace and how we look at our body. Because the state of our body is not who we are.
Some of us at the end of the week, look back and feel that we haven't really accomplished much. We feel like we are not working hard enough because we are not seeing results. And we beat up ourselves for poor results. This quickly brings you down. I think I may have a solution to get you out of this. In this video, I will show you how and why you need to focus on your efforts not results.
Throughout the course of the day, we may experience many different kinds of feelings arise in us. These may be caused by the various situations we encounter while going about our day. We may feel impatient, irritated, annoyed, frustrated, angry, upset, sad or a a host of other things. In this video + blog, I will share with you one important key to self-acceptance that comes in really handy when we are experiencing feelings that tend to bring us down.
You have begun talking steps to change your life for the better. You are making plans, aiming for the stars and taking action. But then, you talk about a new idea or your new life and run across naysayers - people who question and question and don't seem to get it. What do you do? I will show you exactly how to handle such situations.
Have you ever said to yourself, "I should know this by now"? Or as a child do you remember saying anything like, "When I am 20 years old, I will have strong biceps or I will be fluent in Spanish"? In this article + episode I share with you why we need daily happiness practices and 15 of my favorite actions that cultivate happiness.
I first learnt about this idea from Jack Canfield. He suggested that for setting the right tone to our day and in fact to our life, we must begin with a power hour in the morning. Essentially, a power hour includes:
20 minutes of exercise,
20 minutes of meditation and
20 minutes of reading (uplifting materials).
In one of my Happiness Forecast episodes I recommended adding an hour of power to your day as part of the daily practices that cultivate happiness. There are more suggestions in that post including ten of my happiness boosting activities.
Back to the hour of power and the reading part of it! So what exactly should we read in the morning? I would say read any piece of positive material that you gravitate towards. Ideally, they must be books so you can read it before turning on any of your devices. So here are my favorite uplifting materials:
1. The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success by Deepak Chopra
2. Turning the mind into an ally by Sakyong Mipham
3. The New Earth by Eckhart Tolle (or any of his books)
4. The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo
5. Ask and it is given by Abraham Hicks
There are tons of wonderful writers that I could list here but these are among the 5 books that I have read repeatedly and so they make the cut to be among my top 5. But I will add a bonus # 6 below just for fun because I have read this book several times as well and each time it has filled me up with positive thinking and the light of new possibilities.
6. Write it down and make it happen by Henriette Anne Klauser.
I love to start my day with some uplifting reads. I hope you find this quick list of my top 5 helpful to start off your day on the right tone because the first hour of your day can set the mood for the rest of the day; it's that powerful!
Enjoy your reads and do share in the comments below your favorite reads!